Top Window Cleaning Tips – It sounds like cleaning windows would be a simple, mundane chore. But not so. This job takes a lot of planning, elbow grease and attention to detail. It can be dangerous too, when there are multiple stories involved. Check out these window cleaning tips to get the job done efficiently and safely.
Use Simple Solutions
You may be tempted to buy all those fancy cleaners at the store. But all you need for a beautiful shine with no streaks is a simple solution of one part white vinegar to two parts water. Put this mixture in a spray bottle and you’re good to go.
Cleaning the Interiors
- Fill a bucket with water and add some liquid dish soap.
- Place a towel underneath the window in case of any spills.
- Use a microfiber cloth or sponge on the window, working from top to bottom. Wipe the frame too.
- Spray with the homemade solution.
- Clean the window with a lint-free towel in a Z-shaped motion.
- If streaks remain, repeat this process.
Do this on a cool, cloudy day so the sun doesn’t dry the solution too quickly and lead to streaks.
Cleaning the Exteriors
- Rinse the windows with a hose, fill a bucket with water, and add liquid dish soap.
- Clean the surface with a microfiber cloth or a sponge mop on a pole for higher windows.
- Rinse with the hose.
- Dry the window with a rubber-bladed squeegee, working from top to bottom.
- For stubborn stains, saturate them with vinegar and water and let the mixture stand for a few minutes. Dry.
- For the screens, take them off the windows, rinse with water, spray with the solution, then rinse. Let dry thoroughly, then replace the screens.
It may be a chore to clean your windows inside and out, but it’s a task that shouldn’t be ignored. You will be amazed at what a difference it makes.
Contact Clearview Washing
Do your windows need a good cleaning? Can’t be bothered to do it yourself? We get it. Just call our professionals today at 732-462-1187. We specialize in window cleaning throughout New Jersey, with headquarters in Freehold.
Window Cleaning NJ