Why Roof Cleaning is Important
Algae, moss, and lichen growth can cause significant damage to a roof and is a common reason for roof replacement. However, it’s possible to safely clean and treat the black streaks and stains caused by these organisms. These stains are actually caused by Gloeocapsa Magma, a type of bacteria that slowly decomposes shingles over time.
Clearview Washing offers a soft wash eco-friendly roof cleaning method that can safely treat and clean these organisms. Using the appropriate amount of biodegradable solutions is crucial to achieving a 100% kill ratio. Pressure washing is not recommended as it can damage the roof and result in the growth of bacteria and algae. Infestations of these organisms can reduce the service life of any type of roof, whether it’s shingle, tile, slate, shake, membrane, or metal, by up to 50%.
Roof Cleaning: Hire a Professional
Roof cleaning is an essential aspect of maintaining a home. It helps to prolong the life of the roof by removing debris, moss, algae, and other contaminants that can cause damage over time. Here are some things homeowners should consider when it comes to roof cleaning:
- Safety: Cleaning a roof can be dangerous, so it’s essential to take the necessary precautions. Homeowners should consider hiring a professional roof cleaning service with experience and proper equipment.
- Timing: The best time to clean a roof is during dry weather when the temperature is above freezing. Avoid cleaning a roof during wet or icy conditions as it can be slippery and increase the risk of falls.
- Methods: There are various methods of cleaning a roof, such as pressure washing, soft washing, and chemical cleaning. The best method depends on the type of roofing material, the extent of the cleaning required, and the severity of the contaminants.
- DIY or Professional: Homeowners can attempt to clean their roofs themselves, but it’s important to understand the risks involved. It’s best to hire a professional who has experience and specialized equipment to perform the job safely and effectively.
- Maintenance: Regular roof maintenance, including cleaning, can help to prolong the life of the roof and prevent costly repairs in the future. Homeowners should consider scheduling a roof cleaning every 1-2 years or as recommended by their roofing contractor.
Overall, roof cleaning is an important aspect of home maintenance that can help to protect the roof and prevent costly repairs. Homeowners should prioritize safety and consider hiring a professional to perform the job.